Ventrilo Status
Membership
Poll Widget
Who's Online
Recent Awards
Site Contributions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Defenders of Middle Earth Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Taiken
Taiken
Leader
Expert Boarder

re: Wasn't It Great When The Cap Was 50? Revival Time!

Ahoy folks! So, some of us have suggested this many times over the years, but now we're actually doing it. There is plenty of non-scaled (and some scaled) group content for level 50 that we can't really experience properly any more as we don't have a group of players at that level - maybe just one or two at a time periodically as they transition their way to the current cap. This is a massive shame as some of that content is the best we've had when played on level.

So a few of us are rolling new characters that we will stop levelling at 50. You can buy a levelling disabler in the store for 100 TP.

We'll hopefully, over the next few weeks and months, get a small contingent together to run instances like Carn Dum, Urugarth, Barad Gularan and The "Mighty" Rift. It will take time and those of us who are doing it will make sure to support one another getting those pesky deeds done and with gearing up. I hope there will be more of you interested in joining us.

To get an idea of which classes are going to be available (no hurry here, take your time), I wanted to get a list together. Here it is - let us know any that you create and I will add to the list.

Kadragar - Burglar (Taiken)

Hamslinger - Hunter (Gizzy)

Dunfyre - Captain (Dun)

Deety - Warden (Ysolla)

Zilldalf - Lore-master (Zill)

Celebadir - Minstrel (Celebrimwe)

Estagar - Guardian (Estyrion)

Darviras - Rune-keeper (Darvius)

Faronel - Hunter (Roch)

Balrinath - Giron (Champ)

There are a few other other people who have said they are in, but I don't have char names yet so don't worry, I'm aware, just need those names. I will also likely be advertising this adventure to our allies in Beartalk chat channel as I am sure there will be a few friends outside of the kin that will be interested.

Also - THE CUT OFF IS LEVEL 50 - no higher! (Don't "aww but" at me ... I have a levle 51 warden, I'm in the same boat  there). Another rule we decided - don't use legendary weapons. You can have them for deeding and such, but please equip a standard weapon for instances.

Regarding rules - just think: "What would it have been like at the old 50 cap?"

Please note: To our friends from Beartalk - you just need a Guildlaunch id to post on this forum - you don't need to apply to our kin - this section is not restricted.

Last edited by Taiken on 12-05-2015 14:38; edited 4 times in total

Expert Boarder

I've actuallt been thinking about this for some time but, well, not done anything about it. So, it all sounds great to me and I will join in.

The character I'm playing atm, beorning, is not something I like playing. I started it because first, I don't have a beorning and secondly, I've been more or less away from the game for a year or so and I'm not really up to speed with the latest changes so I figured I'd start a new character to grow into the game again. I'm still feed up with the grinding of big battles, skirmishes and the other shit they came up with to get us to do ridiculous amount of grinding just to get stuff to do the grinding even easier.

I don't mind grinding quests, I don't mind grinding raids, I l love learning and perfecting raids but I can't stand grinding skirmishes and big battles over and over and over and over and ...

I'm going to pick a class, just not sure yet what. I will have to think about that one for a while. Just not a beorning, unless it gets really really fun from here on :)

Minstrel is always an option, I do actually like them but maybe try something else this time. I know I liked hunter, guardian, champion, rune-keeper and the warden is fun but a bit complicated if you don't play it regularly.

Hmm...

Btw, the raid planner is still there. I have however started to upgrade the server and there will be a new version up and running soon(ish) (something went wrong with the install of the EQDKP+ software and it won't upgrade itself, and since the version of Ubuntu I'm using is on it's way out I'll upgrade that one as well). Only a few people has signed up since the last upgrade anyway, so there shouldn't be that much of a trouble.

Senior Boarder

Since i got a job i haven't really played at all, but my awesome cappy is at 50 ( Lofieon ) and basicly fully geared. So if i'm online on steam you could try to poke me. i also have a rk and lm at 48,42 i think. So that could also be something i could throw up perhaps.

Junior Boarder

Awarded:

I'm working on my Loremaster occasionally. can disable it once it gets to 50

Ulvsbane
Officer
Expert Boarder

Dammit Zill, I just started a a new LM the other day :)

Junior Boarder

I have a few options:

Cappy(27) - Arakano

Hunter(39) - Faronel

Minstrel(32) - Kuki

Rune-keeper(21) - Ursi

Happy to level up any of them for this. I have no preference.

BTW, legendaries, yea or nay?

Corygan
Junior Boarder

Terrific idea!

I have a hunter at 45 and a Beorning at 31. Let's go in, get wiped out and do it all again!

Taiken
Taiken
Leader
Expert Boarder

Rochwyn wrote:

BTW, legendaries, yea or nay?

I don't think it would be fair to say no in the sense of absolutely not. I will, but purely for deeding stuff. When we do 6-mans and raids, no LIs at all - the DPS is too high.

On any "rule" - if in doubt, think "would this make me OP vs. the original level 50 cap?"

One other rule. Eregion, cool. Moria - THE GATE IS SHUT.

Leader
Expert Boarder

Oh, and on classes - I've never been one to push anyone to roll a specific class to support raiding. I always said roll what you enjoy.

But if pressed for an answer - we're short captains and DPS at the moment I think. I'd still refer to my previous statement though.

Expert Boarder

Lol, while I waited for my login problem for my brand new LM to get resolved I started a brand new chimp, eh, champ and it's quite fun. I've been playing it for the past few days :)

Expert Boarder

My chimp is now at 50. Time for some armour, deeds and stuff :)

Leader
Expert Boarder

Gratz G!

Leader
Expert Boarder

So the game has gone quiet again ... :(

Just when we probably have enough people with a newly levelled char at the 50 mark ready for The Rift!

But yeah, it is quiet. Therefore whilst I want to arrange a run, I am not yet setting a date.

Please reply on here or in game to let me know if you are still interested. I was thinking perhaps a Friday or Saturday night around 8pm GMT. Let me know preferences/alternatives.

Thanks

Taik

Expert Boarder

Yeah, I'm interested. I'm currently working with the deeds on my chimp. Not as fast as I hoped, but, well.

Junior Boarder

Ditto.

lvl 50 hunter, not big on traits, but hey... pew, pew!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Defenders of Middle Earth Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderLOTRO license renewed by Ulvsbane360 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderCAPS LOCK for PTT by Ulvsbane468 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderWasn't It Great When The Cap Was 50? Revival Time! by Cuilmir648 days ago17 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Calendar
Recent Images